Step 1: implement the code
Place the following code at the end of the head section of every page on your website:
Tips : You can generally append the piece of code to an existing file already included on every page of your website (for example your header).
Go to all your “Thank you” pages (i.e. confirmation page) and add, just before the end of the body section, the following pseudo code:
As you can see, Kelkoo Sales Tracking requires a few details from the order.
- GREEN VALUES are fixed (static) values to pass along in the tag;
- COMID_VALUE: This is the unique ID representing your shop within the Kelkoo system. Note that you can log into your Kelkoo Merchant Extranet account and directly use the JS tag generator that will automatically update the code with your COMID. You then just need to copy-paste the code generated and update the other values below.
- COUNTRY_CODE is the 2-letter country code (lower case) for the country on which your products are listed on Kelkoo:
- ‘at’ for Austria
- ‘be’ for Belgium
- ‘br’ for Brazil
- ‘ch’ for Switzerland
- ‘cz’ for Czech Republic
- ‘de’ for Germany
- ‘dk’ for Denmark
- ‘es’ for Spain
- ‘fi’ for Finland
- ‘fr’ for France
- ‘ie’ for Ireland
- ‘it’ for Italy
- ‘mx’ for Mexico
- ‘nb’ for Flemish Belgium
- ‘nl’ for Netherlands
- ‘no’ for Norway
- ‘pl’ for Poland
- ‘pt’ for Portugal
- ‘ru’ for Russia
- ‘se’ for Sweden
- ‘uk’ for United Kingdom
- ‘us’ for United States
- BLUE VALUES are the required dynamic values that must be “picked up” from your web shop solution and then passed along in the tag. Please note that basic programming is needed for this part. How to do it depends on the programming language your website is coded in and the name of the variables your platform uses to store this inform ation. Your webmaster or technical team will know how to implement this.
- ORDER_VALUE: any real number with dot as decimal point representing the total amount of the order
- ORDER_ID: any string identifying the order
If done correctly, the information will be passed to the Kelkoo servers and will be recorded in your statistics panel.
Step 2: test implementation
To test your implementation, simply simulate an order placed on your site.
- Go on your Kelkoo Merchant Extranet and log into your account then click on the link “View your Kelkoo store page” in the top right corner of the Home page
- Click on one of your offers to be redirected to your website
- Place an order on your website
- Save the source code of the confirmation page (as it appears if you do “View” -> “View source”) in case further debugging will be needed
- The next day go on your Kelkoo Merchant Extranet and log into your account
- Check in the “Statistics” menu that the sale has been recorded
- Check that all details have been correctly recorded
Important! Check regularly that sales are being
registered. This is even more important to do after you have implemented
updates or changes to your site.
If you encounter problems, please use our contact form to send us an email. If the test order was not properly registered in your Statistics page, please attach to your email the source code of the order confirmation page as it appeared (“View”> “View Source”). Kelkoo Sales Tracking code should normally be included.